Monday, January 10, 2011

Lunch by the pool

Yesterday after the lunch by the pool I went diving with Nautilus, a small dive shop owned by a Swiss. They are conveniently located on the beach just a short walk away from our hotel. We took a 10 minute's longtail-boat to a bay and while sitting on the side of the boat all simultaneously back flipped into the water. Cool! I had not done that after I took the owd diving course. We've done shore dives, or dives from big boats where you just take a giant step and fall into the water.

The water was a bit murky and the visibility poor. Luckily the Swiss guide Peter swam slowly. Others in the Swiss-Finn group of 6 were either dive profs or had stopped counting number of dives as had the another Finn in the group. So I could relax too with only my 34 dives behind me:) And it went fine.

The most difficult part is to get back into the boat when there is no ladder unlike on the big boats. Peter helped me out of my gear - weigh belt, fins, bcd - in the water and pushed me over the side of boat. I'll add here later some photos of me in action. They are not in my phone.

No comments: